Multiple Repeat Regions on the Same Page
Author's Site: espCycling.com
Reference ID: 15633
This Tutorial was originally written for UltraDev
4 using ASP/vbScript and an Access 2000 Database. Screenshots are
shown in UltraDev 4 but the process is the same for Dreamweaver
This Tutorial assumes that you have a basic understanding of UltraDev and know how to:
- Set up a database.
- Set up a data source connection.
*Cold Fusion Developers Click Here
The Basic Premise
- You have a page that uses a single Recordset to display your dynamic data .
- You need to use this Recordset to display more than one Repeat Region on the page. For Example:
- You want to display everyone who has an "Active" status, and thus is an active member of your site.
- And then later on in the page you want to display everyone else who has an "Inactive" status, and thus is no longer an active member of your site.
Note: This is only one approach to using repeated data on your page; there are several other ways such as using multiple recordsets, writing a different loop code, or writing a clever SQL query.
Break it all Down
For this tutorial, you will need:
- One page: MultipleRecordset.asp
- A database with a table containing at least two columns. For this tutorial I will use:
One column to hold my site's Members Name;
and one column to hold my site's Members Status - this field can only be a "1" or "0":
1 - equals an "Active" member of the site
0 - equals an "Inactive" member of the site
1 | 2 | 3 | Next »