Q. How can I have a link in a popup window target its
parent window? or How can I make a popup window redirect the parent
window when the popup window is closed?
can acheive this easily. See the tutorial below for complete instructions.
Popup Redirect or Refresh Parent Window
Author's Site: espCycling.com
Reference ID: 15629
Very often web developers ask:
- "How can I have a link in a popup window target its parent
- "How can I make a popup window redirect the parent window
when the popup window is closed?"
I'm going to outline a fairly innocuous procedure to do just that!
And not to worry, it's really not all that hard. After all, I'm
And stick with me because I've got a present for you somewhere in
this tutorial that will make targeting parent windows even easier!
The Basic Premise
- Your first page, the "parent" window, has a link that
opens the popup window, the "child" window.
- Your popup window is opened.
- The popup window contains some special navigation links for
- After the user selects a link, the parent window will be directed
to the appropriate page and the popup window will close.
Are you ready to see how this works? Try