Popup Redirect or Refresh Parent Window - The Parent Window
Author's Site: espCycling.com
Reference ID: 15629
Break it All Down
If everything went accordingly, then the popup window has closed and
redirected the parent window here.
Let's break down how you can do this now. You'll need four pages for
this example (don't worry, they're not complicated):
- Three parent pages.
- A page with a link to open a popup window.
- Two pages you want your user to go to when the popup window is closed.
- Only one of these pages will be displayed based on the choice the
user makes from the popup window.
- One popup window page.
- A page the user sees when the popup window is opened.
Step One: Creating the Parent Page (index.htm)
The parent page, index.htm, will contain a link
to open the popup window containing the page navigation.htm.
- On the index.htm page, type the text
you want to use that will prompt the user to open the popup window.
in the Property inspector's Link field. This will create a null
link so that you can assign a behavior to the text; the behavior
in this case is to open a pop up window.
- Place your cursor in the middle of your newly created null link.
- Open your Behaviors panel: Window»
- Click the "plus" icon.
- Select the "Open Browser Window"
- Browse to and select the page you want displayed in your
pop up window: navigation.htm.
- Assign the other attributes of the popup window as desired.
- Click OK.
You created the index.htm page with a
text link that will open a pop up window (navigation.htm)
using the Open Browser Window behavior.